Finally, India have got is True 4g Network i.e. Reliance Jio with Jio Welcome Offer. Why I am quoting it as True 4G ? There are reasons behind this Reliance Jio works only on 4g Networks means no back going, you can’t switch to 3G or 2G. You will get signals only if you have 4G Network.
Reliance Jio has launched its trial in early days of this year. Earlier, Reliance released its sim card only for its employees, then they rolled it out for Lyf Smartphones and Now all 4G Smartphones users can have it by following some easy steps.
What is So Different About Reliance Jio ?
HD Voice & Video Calls
With Reliance Jio, you can make true hd voice calls if you have a VoLTE smartphone where VoLTE stands for “Voice Over Long Term Evolution”.
If you have network signals on your phone then just call anyone as you do from normal dialer and it will go on with clear voice quality provided you should have VoLTE enabled on your device.
For non-volte smartphones, Reliance has rolled out JioJoin app which allows you make calls through it but it is not much promising because it have many bugs and needs to be improved.
If you have poor signal strength on your Jio network then you may face call drops or disconnection issues.
It is different because earlier Whatsapp Calling was launched but it needed to have better internet speed over both sides of the calls to have clear voice quality so did not get much popular. But in case of Reliance Jio, Only caller should have data and speed and receiver will receive normal call on his landline, mobile.
True 4G Speed
India have other 4G networks like Idea, Airtel, Vodafone but they are upgraded one and back going is also possible. But Reliance Jio has changed the scenerio, here 4G means only 4G.
Better speeds and network coverage is around 80% across the country as per reliance. User can enjoy 3-4 mbps downloading speed during day time while it increases to 5-8 mbps during night hours.
Now you must be wondering how I should get a Reliance Jio Sim because it not launched commercially in the market. Although Reliance has rolled it out for its employees and lyf smartphones.
But good thing is that Jio has started a new offer where select 4G smartphones can have the Sim free of cost and with Unlimited 3 months trial pack which includes Unlimited HD Voice, Unlimited Video Voice, Unlimited data usage, Unlimited SMS, Unlimited Apps.
That is real great freebie ever provided by any network across the country. Now the Freebie has some modifications, 4GB 4G speed every day is the capping to avoid extra load on Jio servers. Offer will last on upto 31st Dec, 2016.
How you can grab this awesome Jio unlimited offer ?
Before You know the steps to get Jio Unlimited offer. Check out the list given below which supports Jio Unlimited Preview Offer. All Lyf smartphones supports this offer. You can see LYF Wind 3 launched on Flipkart with Free Preview Plan.
Samsung Galaxy S7
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Samsung Galaxy S6
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 DS
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Edge
Samsung Galaxy A7 2016
Samsung Galaxy A7 2015
Samsung Galaxy A8
Samsung Galaxy A5 2016
Samsung Galaxy A5 2015
Above given smartphones are officially announced by Reliance Jio. However some Redmi Note 3 users are said to claim this offer officially. Don’t have above smartphones then it is not a problem, We are sharing a trick to get Jio Sim offer on any android smartphone. (Scroll down through this page for the trick).
Update 15th Sept 2016 : Jio Welcome Offer extended to all Samsung and LG devices with LTE and Below Listed Brands.
Good News Guys, Now you can grab Jio Offer officially On All Samsung 4G Devices and LG 4g Devices and also with every 4G smartphone.
Here is the Updated List
Samsung Mobile Phones
This is the list of Samsung 4G smartphones that officially supports Jio Welcome Offer.
A8 VE, Galaxy A3, Galaxy A5, Galaxy A5 2016, Galaxy A5 Duos, Galaxy A7, Galaxy A7 2016, Galaxy A8, Galaxy Alpha, Galaxy Core Prime, Galaxy Grand Max, Galaxy J max, Galaxy J1 Ace, Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace, Galaxy J2, Galaxy J2 (2016), Galaxy J2 Pro, Galaxy J3, Galaxy J5, Galaxy J5 (2016), Galaxy J7, Galaxy J7 (2016), Galaxy K Zoom, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy Note 5 Duos, Galaxy Note 7, Galaxy Note Edge, Galaxy S 5 Plus, Galaxy S4, GALAXY S4 4G, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5 Neo, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge, Grand Prime, ON5, ON5 Pro, ON7 & ON7 Pro
Lg Mobile Phones
The below LG devices are part of the Jio Welcome Offer :-
K332 (K7 LTE), K520DY (Stylus 2), K520DY, H860 (LG G5), K500I (X Screen), K535D (Stylus 2 Plus), LGH630D (G4 Stylus 4G) & LGH 442 (LGC70 Spirit LTE)
From 30th August, 2016 Sony Devices now officially supports Jio Welcome Offer.
Xperia X A, Xperia X A Ultra, Xperia X(F5122), Xperia Z5 Dual(E6883), Xperia Z5 Premium Dual
Below given Panasonic Devices Now supports Jio Welcome Offer Effective from 24th August :-
ELUGA L, ELUGA Switch, ELUGA Icon, T45, ELUGA I2 ( 1GB ), ELUGA L2, ELUGA Mark, ELUGA Turbo, ELUGA Arc, ELUGA I2 2GB, ELUGA I2 3GB, ELUGA I3, ELUGA Icon 2, ELUGA A2, ELUGA Note, P55 Novo 4G, ELUGA Arc 2, P77
MicroMax and Yu Mobiles
List of Micromax and Yu phones that supports Jio Welcome offer :-
Canvas Pulse 4G, Canvas Nitro 4G, Canvas Knight 2, Canvas 5, Canvas Evok, Canvas 6 Pro,Canvas 6, Canvas Blaze 4G, Canvas Fire 4G, Canvas Fire 4G plus, Canvas Xpress 4G, Canvas Blaze 4G Plus, Canvas Pace 4G, Canvas Mega 4G, Bolt Selfie, Canvas Mega 2, Canvas Unite 4, Canvas Fire 6, Canvas Sliver 5, Canvas Juice 4G, Canvas 5 Lite, Canvas 5 Lite Special Edition, Unite 4 Pro, Canvas Play 4G, Canvas Amaze 4G, Unite 4 Plus, Canvas Tab, Yu Yuphoria, Yu Yureka, Yu Yutopia, Yunique, Yuphoria, Yureka Plus, YU Note, Yureka S, Yunicorn
POP3, POP Star, POP4, OneTouch X1, Pixi 4 -5
TCL 560, Pride T500L, FIT 5.5, TCL 562
These Asus Mobiles are Eligible to get Jio Welcome Offer officially
ZenFone 2 Laser (ZE550KL), Zenfone 2 (ZE551ML), Zenfone Max (ZC550KL), Zenfone 2 Laser 5.0 (ZE500KL), Zenfone 2 (ZE550ML), Zenfone Selfie( ZD551KL), Zenfone 2 Laser (ZE601KL), Zenfone Zoom(ZX551ML), Zenfone Go 5.0 LTE (T500), Zenfone 3 ZE552KL, Zenfone 3 Laser( ZC551KL), Zenfone 3( ZE520KL), Zenfone 3( ZS570KL), Zenfone 3( ZU680KL)
List of Lava smartphones that supports Jio Welcome Offer :-
A71, A72, A76, A76 Plus, A88, A89, A97, Ivory s 4g, Lava V5 M, Pixel V2, V2s, X10, X11, X12, X17, X28, X38, X41, X41 Plus, X46, X50, X50 Plus, X81
These phones from Karbonn supports Jio Welcome Offer :-
Aura 1, Aura Power, Quattro L45 IPS, Quattro L50 HD, Quattro L51 HD, Quattro L52 VR, Quattro L55 HD
Gionee Mobile Phones
Given below are the Gionee Mobiles that can be used to generate bar code on Jio Welcome Offer :-
E8, F103 Pro, F103(1GB), F103(2GB), F103(3GB), M4, M5, M5 Lite, M5 Lite CDMA, M5 Plus, P5L, S Plus, S6, S6s, S7, V6L
Black-1X M, era 1X, era 2X, era 4G, era 4K, era X
Graphite1 V45ED, Krypton 3 V50JG, Q1, V50FA3, V50FG6
Xiaomi Mobile Phones
Xiaomi partnered with Jio and following Jio Smartphones supports Jio Welcome Offer :-
Redmi 2 Prime, Redmi 2, Mi4i, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi Note 3, Mi5, Redmi Note 4G Prime, Mi Max, Redmi 3s, Redmi 3s Prime
Le 1s, Letv Le 1s Eco, Le Max, LeEco Le 2, Le Max2
Bingo 50 Plus, M370i, M425, M430, M460, M535, M535+, M680, M808i, M812i
Jio welcome offer supported on following Lenovo 4G smartphones :-
A6600, A2010, A2020, A6000, A6000 shot, A6600, A7000, A7700, K3 Note, Vibe K4 Note, Vibe K5, Vibe K5 Note, Vibe K5 plus, Vibe P1, Vibe P1m, Vibe S1, Vibe Shot, Vibe X3, ZUK Z1
Motorola Mobile Phones
After a long wait, Now these Moto mobiles supports Jio Welcome Offer :-
Moto E (2nd Gen), Moto G (2nd Gen), Moto G (3rd Gen), Moto G3 Turbo Edition, Moto G4, Moto G4 Play, Moto G4 Plus, Moto X (2nd Gen), Moto X Force, Moto X Play, Moto X Style
Long list of Intex mobiles that supports Jio Welcome Offer
Aqua 4G, Aqua 4G Star, Aqua 4G Strong, Aqua 4G+, Aqua Ace, Aqua Ace 2, Aqua Ace Mini, Aqua Craze, Aqua Eco 4G, Aqua GenX, Aqua Music, Aqua Power 4G, Aqua Raze, Aqua S7, Aqua Secure, Aqua Shine 4G, Aqua Strong 5.1, Aqua Super, Aqua Trend, Aqua Turbo 4G, Aqua View, Aqua Wing, Cloud 4G Smart, Cloud 4G Star, Cloud Crystal 2.5D, Cloud Fame 4G, Cloud Flash, Cloud Glory 4G, Cloud Jewel, Cloud String HD, Cloud String V2.0, Cloud Swift
F1, A37, F1 Plus, F1s, Neo 7, R7k
vivo V3, vivo V3Max, vivo Y21L, vivo Y51L
Oneplus 2, Oneplus 3, Oneplus 1, Oneplus X
holly2 Plus, Honor 4C, honor 4X, honor 5C, honor 5X, Honor 6, honor Bee4G, honor6 Plus, honor7, Nexus 6P, P9
Celkon Mobile Phones:
4GTAB-7, 4GTAB-8, ACE, POP, Q4G, Q4GPlus”
SelfiePro it1511, Wish it1512, SelfiePro it1520
How to Get Reliance Jio Sim and Unlimited Jio Welcome Offer Steps
This method works only for above given smartphones only
- First Go to Playstore on your smartphone and search for MyJio App.
- Install MyJio App and Open it.
Wait for a Few seconds and an Pop up will come stating about samsung smartphones Unlimited Jio Preview Offer.
Close the pop up and Click on Install all Apps.
Now install all 10 apps (100 mb approx data required to install these apps).
Now Close all apps through task manager and open MyJio App again.
- You will see a slide stating get your Jio Sim. Fill out state and city.
- Click on it. It will generate a unique Bar Code for you along with coupon code written below it.
- Take a screenshot of that barcode. Now Click Next and find out your nearest reliance digital xpress mini store location and address.
- Then it will tell you about the Id proofs you will require at the store to grab the Sim.
- Now go to your nearest Reliance Digital Xpress Mini store and ask for Reliance Jio Sim.
- They will ask you about Barcode.
- Show them screenshot.
- Then Produce your documents i.e. any ID proof and your photograph.
- They will fill out form and ask for your signatures and make sure that they have noted your Barcode coupon code because if by chance they missed out it will delay sim activatation. Happened in my case and they called me to ask for bar code number.
- Choose your number and Finally, you get your Relaince Jio Sim free of cost.
Update From 5th Sept :
Now you only need to download MyJio App and you will find Get Jio Sim Option there. Skip steps of downloading all the the apps. Your device must be listed above otherwise go to unofficial method to avail Jio Welcome Offer.
How to Activate Reliance Jio Sim ?
Wait for 2 hours to 3 hours and you will receive a sms on your alternative number that you provided in the form. Message will state that Your Reliance Jio number is ready for tele – verification.
- Put in Your Jio Sim to the same device on which you have generated the bar code. (will not work on other devices, you will not get any signals).
- Wait for few minutes and you will see signals on your network bar.
- Call on 1977 from your Reliance Jio number.
- Choose language and it will ask to enter few digits of your ID proof that you have provided while getting the sim.
- Thats it. Your Sim is now activated. You will receive many messages of on your Reliance Jio including one which will say that your recharge is done and data is allocated.
- Start your data and start Surfing.
- If your device is VoLTE supported then you can enjoy calling with hd voice quality. If not, then you need to make use of JioJoin app to make calls.
- Till now you have got only 2GB data, 100 minutes calls and 100 SMS. Your Unlimited Preview plan is still not activated.
Urgent Activation of Jio SIM :- Move to store with Aadhar card as your identity proof and you will move out of the store with activated Jio SIM.
How To Activate Reliance Unlimited Jio Welcome Offer Plan On Jio SIM ?
Some users are mistaken with 2GB plan and they forgot to activate unlimited access plan i.e. Jio Welcome Offer Plan. Here is how you can get your Unlimited Jio Preview plan.
- Uninstall all Jio apps except MyJio App (parental one).
- Open it. Now you will be logged in and it will ask you to Install 4 Apps i.e. Jio beats, Jioon demand, Jio play, Jio money.
- Install these 4 apps and you will instantly get sms stating that unlimited access plan is activated on your number for 3 months.
- In case, it is not done. You again need to open MyJio app and click on Avail offer.
- Thats it. You have successfully activated Complimentary Unlimited Access to Digital Life of Jio with 3 months Unlimited data, Unlimited Voice and Video Calls, Unlimited SMS.
- Now you can put your JIO Sim in any 4G device and enjoy data speed with awesome speeds.
- If your other 4G device on which you have inserted the Jio Sim, You will be able to make calls even if you use JioJoin App.
How to Get Reliance Jio Sim For Non-Listed Smartphones ?
First of all, Install my Jio App version 3.5.2 from here : MYJIO 3.2.05 APK .Reliance has stopped this trick on new version of the App.
- Open MyJio App and click on Install All Apps.
- Install all 11 apps.
- Now turn off your mobile data or wifi.
- Clear all Jio apps from task manager and close them all.
- Now Open MyJio App again and Click on Open written against MyJio App. (Make sure your mobile data is off while going through this step.
- You will see a Get Jio Sim Option and No Internet Connection on top of the App.
- Click on Get Jio Sim, it will say Internet connection required.
- Now turn on your Mobile data or wifi.
- Proceed through steps given above and your barcode will be generated.
- Now take that Barcode to Jio store and ask for SIM.
Note : Storekeeper may ask for 4G smartphone. You have to convince him/her. You can just put screenshot of barcode on your friend’s samsung device or lyf device and grab a sim. They do not take anything like imei or bill. Store person will only see the device.
How to Activate Jio Welcome Offer Unlimited Plan on Non-supported Phones ?
- First step is tele-verification. If your device is VoLTE enabled them make call to 1977 and verify your ID.
- If your Device is Non-VoLTE then you need to login to JIOJOIN app to make calls through your JIO sim. Provide administrative access to JIO sim and you can now make calls. Call 1977 and tele verify your number. Verification will be done instantly.
- If not getting signals then make sure your SIM is in first slot and you have put your network recommendation to LTE instead of Auto or WCDMA or GSM.
- Create Your Jio account by your Jio mobile Number and verify your e-mail ID.
- Now the step is to activate Unlimited Preview Plan.
- Turn off your Mobile Data. Please be on Jio Net this time not on wifi. You have access to 2GB Jio Data still.
- Now Open MyJio App and click on open written against MyJio App. (Your mobile data should be off)
- You will see get Jio Sim Option. Below that you have Sign In or Sign Up.
- Click on Sign Up and Turn on Your Data. Complete registration process.
- Now Switch off Your Data.
- Clear all Jio Apps from Task Manager. No need to Uninstall Jio Apps. Make sure You have MYJIO that is provided above and it is not updated. (You can turn off auto update of apps from playstore settings)
- Now go to settings and then Apps/App Manager.
- Open Jio Apps one by one and click on clear data and clear cache.
- Do this step for all 11 Apps.
- Close App Manager.
- Now again Open MyJio app and Click on Open against MyJio App. (Mobile data should be off)
- Click on Get Jio Sim button. It will show internet connection required.
- Turn on Your Mobile data and press back button inside Myjio app screen.
- It will auto login or you may need to enter your number or password to login.
- Wait for few seconds, You will get a pop up to install 4 apps and submit button.
- Click on Submit button.
- You have successfully activated Unlimited preview plan on your Jio Number with 3 months free access to calls, data and sms. Now enjoy and put your sim in any 4g device and enjoy the very fast internet.
Note : If not done by clearing data, then you may need to unistall all Jio Apps and proceed with above steps.
How to make calls on Non-VoLTE devices through Jio SIM ?
Earlier, If your device does not support VoLTE, you were not able to make calls on JIO sim. But now reliance has came up with a solution called JioJoin App.
- Open JIOJOIN app and it will auto login if you have Jio Sim in your devices.
- It will configure your device and ask for administrative access.
- Now You will see dialer or contacts. Just call anyone free with JioJoin App.
Reliance Jio APPS and Their Usage
I will not lengthen out this topic. I will just Provide brief description to all Jio Apps Here.
MyJio app is the base for all other Jio Apps. Airtel, IDEA, Vodafone, Aircel all have their base app. Similarly Jio App provide info regarding Your Jio Sim like usage, data and call balance, recharges and others. It also contain your profile and account details.
JioJoin app helps Non-Volte devices to make voice and video calls to any number. Jio sim is mandatory to access JioJoin App.
You can also use your phone’s dialer to make calls once you have JioJoin app. App does not force you to use its dialer only to make calls and send SMS. Chat option with emoticons is cool feature.
3. Jio Security
This is an antivirus app powered by norton. It checks your phone for security threats. Anti-theft feature is also included in Jio security app.
You can block unwanted numbers through this app. Effectiveness of Jio Security App is still under question.
4. Jio OnDemand/Jio Cinema
This app is a entertainment platform where you can watch movies, tv shows, music and many more. Bollywood movies are added in a huge number.
If you like to read magazines then JioMags is for you. You can search from various categories like fashion, travel, entertainment and more.
Read which you want to read. This app needs more work as the app is not fluid as much.
6. Jio Beats/Jio Music
Music streaming app for music lovers with a very wide collection in the language which you want. You can choose from latest as well as classics all are there for you.
Reliance has done a wonderful job in getting these songs to the list in such a large number. App still has several bugs and needs improvisation.
7. Jio Play/Jio TV
It is a mini TV app for your mobile. Almost every channel can be streamed here. Just like dish tv in your homes there is JIO play for your mobile. SONY HD, Star Plus HD, Colors HD and several other channels can be streamed through this App.
8. Jio Express News
It is a News App from Reliance where you can choose language preferences and the topics you want the news from. Xpress Format is eye catching feature here. You will love reading news on this app.
9. JioMoney Wallet
Like Freecharge and Paytm wallets, Reliance has introduced its very own wallet, you can add money, make recharges, pay bills, send money to friends, online shopping. Very soon JioMoney Wallet will be accepted at offline stores.
Jiochat is a messenger app just like hike. Free 100 SMS are provided. Share files, funny stickers, voice and video conferencing calls and many more other features there to socially connect you with your mobile contacts.
11. Jio Drive
Jio Drive is cloud storage for you just like dropbox and google but no where near to these. Need much improvisations.You can copy content, create folders etc. It automatically backup your files to its secure cloud.
If you do not have signals or mobile data on your Jio Sim. You can connect to very large Jio wifi network through this app. Connect to thousands of wifi hotspots of Jio across the country and go speed free and data limits.
Isn’t it cool ? Well we will see by the time that its promises are fake or upto the mark.
Read This : Jio Offers Free Calling for Lifetime for All Users || Check Whether Your Device Supports VoLTE ||
How to make VoLTE Calls on Yuphoria ?
Many users on internet are not able to make calls on Yuphoria android smartphone. Yuphoria is LTE device powered by YU and micromax. Jio Data is working fine after the VoLTE update but calls are not going through.
Even JioJoin app is not supported on Yuphoria Device. I am writing these steps because I also have Yuphoria 5010A and facing this calling issue. Here is how I did it.
- First of all, I am talking about YU 5010A model of Yuphoria.
- Volte Update on stock android is already installed on your devices.
- Your Jio Sim is working fine for data only but not calls.
- Make sure you have LTE broadcast app and you get HD on network bar.
- Make Backup of your data.
- Go to settings. And Click on Factory Reset My Device.(It will erase all the internal data on your device)
- Yuphoria will restart after reset and Choose Language and other Steps.
- Make network recoomendation as LTE.
- Go to your dialer and dial any number and make call using JIO Sim.
- Voila!! Your Yuphoria is VoLTE enabled and you can make calls now.
Note : Make Sure your device is YU 5010A and you have VoLTE OTA update installed.
This post is updated on 15th September, 2016 keeping in mind the changes done by Jio to their offers like Jio Preview offer changes to Jio Free Welcome Offer
If You have any queries, then feel free to ask in comments below. We will be very happy to help you in any manner.