Finally, Jio Free services came to end from 1st April, 2017. Mukesh Ambani announced that Jio has reached 100 million subscriber mark and also offered several sweetners for it’s subscribers that will came into effect from 1st April ending Jio Happy New Year Offer. You can continue to use Jio free services if you become a prime member for paying a one time fee of Rs.99.
Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd chairman, Mukesh Ambani on Tuesday said that Jio has decided to stop it’s free services from 1st April, 2017. However, if you become a Jio Prime member then you can continue to use Jio free services. You need to make a recharge of Rs.303 per month to enjoy 1 GB per day data, free voice calls, SMS etc. Rs.303 Jio plan will be valid only for Jio prime member.
Jio hits 100 million subscriber mark – Thanks giving on Jio website
Mr. Ambani said that Jio plans to offer Jio prime member programme, which intends to offer several benefits to first 100 million Jio subscribers with a cost component attached to them. Jio Prime member at Rs.99. Ambani said : “This will have unlimited benefits that they have got used to for another 12 months”. “We will offer other extremely high-value offers. As they say in Mumbai—unlimited maza continue hoyenga,” he said.
Mukesh Ambani also added that before Jio, India was 150th in the world in broadband penetration. But in last month Jio users consumed data more than 100 crore GB. It now stands India at first place in mobile data usage. Only Jio users consume total US data usage and almost 50% of China’s data usage. He also promised to improve jio network, speed and capacity and will cover 99% of India’s population by the end of 2017.
Read : About Jio and it’s previous offers and See : Jio Tariff Plans
Jio Prime Member Benefits
As already told above, by paying one time fee of Rs.99 you can become a Jio Prime member. You can become a prime member only till 31st March, 2017. Along with that, You need to make a recharge of Rs.303/month to continue unlimited usage of Jio services.
- Pay Rs.99 to become a Jio Prime member.
- Make a recharge of Rs.303 per month.
- Daily one 1GB high speed data will be offered post that speed will be reduced to 128kbps.
- Unlimited data usage between 2AM to 5AM.
- Free calls, roaming, sms, apps will continue.
- Jio Prime member services will continue for 12 months starting from 1st April, 2017.
How to become a Jio Prime Member
You can become a Jio Prime member only before 31st March, 2017.
- You can make a recharge of Rs.99 from myjio App.
- You can make recharge from official website of Jio i.e. http://www.jio.com
- Offline retailers recharge will also do the job.
- Once you make the recharge then you can enjoy Jio prime member benefits.
Jio Rs.303 Plan Details
After becoming a Jio Prime member, you are entitled for Jio Rs.303 plan.
- Jio Rs.303 plan will add Free 1 GB high speed data to your balance daily same as Jio Happy New Year offer.
- Post 1 GB you can still use unlimited data but at a reduced speed of 128kbps.
- Jio Rs.303 plan also offers to get free voice calls, free sms, free roaming, free apps usage.
- Jio Rs.303 plan adds unlimited data to your balance only for a time frame daily i.e. 2 AM to 5 AM.
Announcement of Jio Prime Member programme and new Jio Rs.303 plan will certainly make a dent in other telecom competitors share. How you see this Jio Prime member offer ? Share your views in comments below.