Jio has made big announcements previously that for lifetime you are going to get your calls for free, but it is not true. After the end of Jio Welcome Offer and Jio Happy New Year, now Jio announced prime membership for it’s users to avail un-interrupted unlimited services until 31st March, 2018. Jio Prime Membership is available at a one time fee of Rs.99 but there are other things you need to know.
Benefits of Jio Prime Membership
- You can enroll for Jio Prime Member benefits at a cheap price of Rs.99.
- It guarantees you cheapest services for the next one year.
- You will get additional data benefits if you enroll for Jio Prime Membership.
- If you chose to make a recharge of Rs.303 after the enrollment then you will get free voice, Unlimited data (speed will be reduced after 1GB) and you get a 5GB data booster for a validity of 28 days.
Cons of Jio Prime Membership
- After making a recharge of Rs.99, you need to make a recharge every month to avail jio prime benefits.
- You can choose for a plan starting from Rs.303 for a validity of 28 days.
- If you do not enroll for Jio Prime Membership, then you will get only 2.5 GB data, 100 SMS per day, free calling for a recharge of Rs303.
- Services of Jio are not efficient till today so paying that much amount at this point of time is a con for some.
What will happen to Jio SIM if I do not make a recharge
Earlier, Jio promise that you will get free calling for lifetime. But they are smart people and they played their game very well.
- If you do not make a recharge of any plan, then your outgoing will be barred.
- Within 90 days your number will be disconnected.
- For these 90 days, you can use incoming and SMS facility.
- “Post 31st March, 2017, if you have not recharged with any plan, your services will stop. You will be able to get incoming voice calls and SMS for certain period,” reads the Jio Prime FAQ page. That certain period has not been specified yet.
- According to Reliance Jio’s terms and conditions, if you do not recharge after the validity expiration of your existing recharge, you will only be able to receive incoming calls and messages. If you do not do any recharges in 90 days, your number will be disconnected.
- They are not charging for calls but you can’t enjoy calling without any data plan recharge. This is how they played the gimmick.
Do we need to recharge Jio for free calling after 31st March
Yes you need to make recharge for any data plan with sufficient validity. And you need to continue making recharge after expiry of your existing plan. There is nothing free left for you. They have given a lot for free. Now it is their time to retain their costs involved in purchasing the spectrum.
Did Jio Fooled Us ?
In anyway not clearly specifying their plans they have made a big step by saying that you are going to get free calling lifetime. They did not specify the condition that you will need a data plan to access free calling services. So we can say that Jio fooled us. But still they are providing the services at cheaper rates than it’s competitors. On the other hand, their services are not efficient till date.
For Various Jio Plans : Jio Plans for Prime and Non-Prime Members
Share your views and comments about this article about Jio Prime Membership. Remember there is nothing like free left with Jio now.